I am a Research Scientist working with Professor Daniela Rus in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) and Professor Carlo Ratti in the Senseable City Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 2016. I am also working with Professor Wojciech Matusik at CSAIL from 2021.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering at Peking University in 2016 under the supervision of Professor Guangming Xie.
- I am joining University of Wisconsin–Madison, as an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering in January 2024 and leading the Marine Robotics Lab (MRL). I am looking for multiple Ph.D. students (check out the opportunities page on our lab website for more information).
- 2023/11 Our paper "Roboat III: An Autonomous Surface Vessel for Urban Transportation" has been featured on the cover of Journal of Field Robotics, see the cover image here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/toc/15564967/2023/40/8.
- 2023/07 Our paper "Roboat III: An Autonomous Surface Vessel for Urban Transportation" was accepted by Journal of Field Robotics.
- 2023/05 I will join University of Wisconsin–Madison, as an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering in Spring 2024.
- 2023/05 I presented our paper "Deep Reinforcement Learning Based Tracking Control of an Autonomous Surface Vessel in Natural Waters" at ICRA2023 in London.
- 2023/01 Our paper "Deep Reinforcement Learning Based Tracking Control of an Autonomous Surface Vessel in Natural Waters" was accepted by the 2023 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- 2022/12 Our review paper "Survey of Deep Learning for Autonomous Surface Vehicles in Marine Environments" was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- 2022/10 Our paper "Automatic Co-Design of Aerial Robots Using a Graph Grammar" was presented on the 2022 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).